Saturday 16 December 2006

A Reunion After Three years and Six Days!

Today I got to meet Diane for the first time in three years and six days!!! This now makes it three times I've met her since I first met her for the first time five years ago!

Aonghas and I were supposed to arrive at Chen's house at 10am but we were slightly late because we had to buy Chen a Christmas present. We got to his house at about 10.30am and found Diane by herself as Chen had gone off with his mum to buy a guitar. So Aonghas, Diane and I just sat around watching NZ Top 40, chucking grapes and dates in the air and catching them with our mouths, while Diane went on a chocolate eating binge. Diane didn't talk as much as I thought she would, but I think that was because she wasn't in such a good mood as she had warned me about last night.

Once Chen got back home in another half hour, we all left for yumcha in Mt Roskill, Diane's suburb. We had quite a lot to eat there! Food just kept appearing! Sitting next to Diane around the table we started talking a lot more. With Chen's mum around, we weren't able to talk about certain things so we had to keep it safe! I had a race with Diane to see who could finish their food first - Diane half a won ton and me a chicken's foot. It was pretty close but...I think I won (uh huh!) Chen was a really bad aimer with the teapot and nearly soaked half the tablecloth! There were two big wet patches on opposite sides of the table.

Once we had eaten as much as we could and were full, we left and went to Diane's house to drop her off. What came as a surprise was that we were allowed to come inside and check out her house! We got to have a look in her bedroom and watch her play the piano. It was pretty cool! It's just a shame it was for only half a day. We'll have to get together sometime again soon! I'm definitely not going to wait another three more years before I see her again!

What I'm most relieved about was that there wasn't that awkwardness that was between us three years ago, and I didn't freeze up and not talk like I did on Tuesday, so hopefully that means I don't ALWAYS shut myself up in social ocassions and that maybe Tuesday was just a bad day! Phew! I chatted to Diane as well soon after I got home and she wasn't bothered by my ugliness and didn't me annoying trying to constantly keep the conversation going so that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment