Wednesday 27 December 2006

Boxing Day Visits

On Boxing Day morning I drove with my dad to Hyun and Joon's house to say Hi to them and drop something off, and ended up talking to them for a little while and show them my car (haha yeah not much to show!). After that we drove over to another family's house to drop something off before coming back home.

We were going to visit our Uncle and Aunty at 4pm so we had four hours to check out Boxing Day sales! We parked at The Warehouse Stationery car park (which was nearly full, despite not very many of them shopping at the shop!), and walked to West City. It was really really crowded! I'm guessing the close proximity of people around me made me start to feel hot and all sweaty (oh yeah combined with the really hot weather of course!). There were sales everywhere - 50% off clothes, 20% off jewellery, 50% Christmas goods...

After several attempts at trying to track down Julie while working at The Warehouse (oh yeah by the way Julie works at The Warehouse if you didn't know! ;) ) I finally spotted her working at the checkout today! I was really trying to find something to buy so I could take it to her checkout! Unfortunately there wasn't anything that interested my mum so we ended up not buying anything (actually nothing for the whole day! Dad was happy!) and I just had to walk by and call out to her. I had my camera ready too! Oh well next time when it ain't so busy!

We tried to look for Aonghas who once again was working from 7am to 7.30pm. He was on his break so we went down to buy some takeaways and ate together with Aonghas before realising we had overparked at the car park. There was only a one hour limit so we had to hurry back to save our car! Fortunately it was still there!

Later in the day we visited our Aunty and Uncle to give them their Christmas present. We had a little chat with them about all sorts of stuff, before our other Aunty and Uncle and cousin Martin came over! So we kept on chatting for another several hours till 7.30pm before realising that we had to pick Aonghas up!

Last night I watched The Shawshank Redemption which, I must say, has GREAT music, especially the main theme which is played during the credits! I don't know how many times I've listened to that tune but it's got to be one of the best movie soundtrack tunes out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment