Tuesday 12 December 2006

Farewell Dinner!!

We had our year 13 farewell dinner on a cruise boat last night which was really cool, but also really sad!

Prior to that though heaps of rushing around took place. In the morning we were checking out this car (which I'll talk about later) and so we were driving it around. We only got home at about 2pm and the twins had rung earlier to confirm that they would pick me up at 5.40pm. When I got home I got straight onto the present I was preparing for Mrs Taylor (our dean) that I would give her on behalf of the year 13 students - a photo mosaic portrait of herself made up of photos taken throughout 2006. I finally got the sizes right, and now just had to wait for my mum to get home from the bank so I could go print it out at Warehouse Stationery and buy the photo frame to put it in. She didn't get back home till about 3.30pm. Once she got home we went off to the shops, bought the photo frame, and then went to Henderson Warehouse Stationery. The guy there didn't know what he was doing, so we decided we'd go to the Lincoln store, but their copier was broken! Finally at about 4.45pm we got back to the Henderson store where we printed it out there. Their machine took a few minutes to print, and then the lady took a little more time to trim the edges of the photo to fit in the photo frame.

By now it was 5.30pm, and I had only gotten home! I quickly jumped in the shower, jumped out, and then ran around the house looking for clothes to wear. The twins arrived and I still hadn't gotten fully dressed. I left the house with my hair all over the place and my clothes messed up.

It was lucky the twins' mum took me to the city, as we had to board the boat from 6.30 to 7pm, and we got there with plenty of time to spare! If I had gotten there on my own I probably would've been late! Before we got to the wharf though I accidentally dropped my bag, and broke the photo frame! Luckily the glass wasn't broken, only the wooden frame. I was very careful afterwards!

Mrs Taylor was waiting by the wharf ready to greet each person. Everyone looked really neat! We all mixed and mingled till the boat set off.

The boat sailed around the harbour, under the Harbour Bridge, past Devonport and all around the water. After half an hour we had dinner, which was vegetable salad, meat, ham, potatoes and beetroot. Dessert didn't come too long after, which was pavlova and cake.

After dinner were the presentations made by Mrs Taylor. I can't exactly remember what everyone got, but I'll type them up later. I got the 'Punctuality Award' for always being punctual! :D Nah for the opposite. Together with it I got an alarm clock!

After all the presentations were made, Mr Moore (the principal) made a short speech and was presented with a Rutherford Leavers Hoodie, only that his one said something like Rutherford Beginners or Rutherford Beginnings!

Before Mrs Taylor was about to get everyone to start dancing, I jumped up to make a presentation for Mrs Taylor. I did a short little thank you speech off the top of my head which wasn't too great. I did what you're not supposed to do, and mention DIE! People all started cracking up when I said Mrs Taylor was the Big Fish, the Head Honcho (apparently her nickname is 'fish'). But anyway I presented the photo to her and offered to fix it up later but she said she could fix it.

We spent the rest of the night dancing, and hanging out with friends. I got dragged into dancing. I think I looked a bit like a fool! My friend asked people walking by to dance with me, including one of the waitress ladies who kinda looked at him weirdly and walked off!

At about 10.30pm the boat approached the wharf, and it was all over. It was such a great night! I tried to take as many photos and record videos and get email addresses! I just hope I keep in touch with as many people as I can, and continue to meet up with them in the future! I'm not going to say farewell to them, because they will never leave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment