Saturday 9 December 2006

The End of It

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE!!!

This morning I was meant to go to yum cha with my Chinese class and my Chinese teacher in the city, but because I had to go to accordion lessons at about the same time I wasn't able to come. I was pretty gutted about that! I really wanted to be with my Chinese class for the last time!

Oh well anyway I went to accordion lessons, which were my last for the year. It could also possibly be my last accordion lesson ever. When we got our last bill, we found out that music lesson fees would increase for next year AGAIN, and already my parents are paying quite a lot for us three Anderson brothers to learn the accordion, so they have been seriously considering stopping our accordion lessons. Even though we don't go to lessons, they would probably continue to nag us to practise and enter competitions, but just without any assistance. Nothing has really been decided yet so I'll just have to see what happens. We haven't told our teacher just yet, just in case it makes him sad! He's going off to China with his wife to visit her family tonight.

We got back to West Auckland afterwards, about to prepare to go to Christmas in the Park, but it started to rain, so we decided not to go. The sun then came out after a few minutes, so we thought maybe we should go! Then the clouds got darker and it started raining again, so we decided we DEFINITELY wouldn't go. Originally I was going to go with my family and meet up with Ben and Jacqueline there, but I guess it wasn't to be! The twins were thinking about going but...apparently they had something on so yeah just as well...

I met up with an old friend at Pak N' Save today. Paul, this Korean guy I sat with in physics class last year was up in Auckland for the holidays. He had been studying Health Science down at Otago University, aiming to become a dentist. The most surprising thing I discovered today was that he was the older brother of Sue, the Korean clarinet girl!! I never knew that!!! After a while I gradually noticed the resemblance! I admit I kinda struggled to remember his name throughout our catch-up, till we exchanged cellphone numbers. Then it came back to me. I was thinking long and hard...P..P.....PAUL!!!!

My mum tried using her credit card today at The Warehouse but it got declined. That was funny. She was asking the Warehouse lady what she should do, and the lady was telling her about how it happened to her before and explained to her what she did.

I got a letter back from Skycity Cinemas today:

Dear Calum

Thank you for your interest in the Cinema Attendant position at SKYCITY Cinemas Westcity. Unfortunately, all of our available positions have been filled.

We appreciate your time in submitting the application and are regretful the outcome was not more successful.

We wish you well for future opportunities.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Dean
Duty Manager
SKYCITY Cinemas Westcity

So in other words they probably didn't want me because I didn't have a First Aid certificate or one of those Health Certificate things. Oh well at least they didn't leave me hanging and they wrote me a letter. No more free or discounted movie tickets to look forward to now! I've also applied at McDonald's so we'll have to await the outcome of that application!

Oh yeah by the way its the 6 year anniversary of my hotmail account (or at least since it was last activated)!!! Yay!!! The stupid email account I created originally to remain anonymous in chat rooms, that I also screwed up with my faulty keyboard with sticky keys still remains today!


No comments:

Post a Comment