Friday 29 December 2006

People Visiting

On Wednesday our family decided to spend a day out together. Originally I had been invited to go to the movies in the city with friends, but once again it just had to coincide with family get-together didn't it!! So yeah I had to choose family over friends again.

We had a huge long discussion on where we would go the night before, but couldn't decide, until Aonghas suggested visiting some random place called Lee (not too sure where that is...). It would only be a couple hours drive from Auckland, which was required so we wouldn't spend the whole day driving through countryside staring at cows and grass, and so we'd get back home in time to deliver newspapers!

In the morning however, things changed once again and it was decided that we'd wait for the next time my dad had a day off to go out, and that we'd just spend the day going to yum cha and visiting our relatives over in St John.

Yum cha was...well... yum cha. We went to our usual one in South Auckland with the B rating. We went there in my car, and you never realise how much you worry about thefts until it's your own property! When we parked the car down a side street, I was constantly turning around checking it as we were walking away from it, ensuring no one would pinch it! Then again it's not that flash so I don't know why anyone would pinch it, apart from some car parts!

For some reason my mum was willing to spend a bit more money than usual on food! But we were all a lot hungrier than usual so we were eating faster and that cancelled it out to make the time we spent there about the same as usual.

Our relatives in St John had to go out by 2pm so as soon as we finished our lunch we rushed over there. I got to meet my great nephew (or whatever he is!) Joshua again, who's about four or five and can speak (English AND Cantonese! better than me!!) and run around! I'm his goh goh!!! Awwww! His mum (my not too sure...aunty? Yeah well us Chinese call anyone Aunty so yeah Aunty) asked him to show his goh goh's his Star Wars Lego (because he's really into Star Wars!) but he was a little shy. My parents talked with Aunty Doreen about tax stuff (she's an accountant) for a little while, before we had to leave. As we were about to leave, Joshua crawled underneath the table and played a little hide-and-seek with me!

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping, looking for a cheap steering wheel cover, which we found at the $2 Shop. I saw Zahir at work! (Long John Silver if you want to check him out;) ) He was in the back room so I don't think he saw me.

Yesterday my former neighbour Phillip came over again for one more time to meet Aonghas since the last two times he came over Aonghas was working. He took us for a drive, showing us his radar detector and speeding down the back streets at excessive speeds! He had to go off at 5pm for an appointment and Aonghas was called in to work again, so later that night my parents, Hamish and I went to visit Mrs Simpson, our other former neighbour. For you people from Rutherford she's the grandma of Miss Simpson at school!..I think...Her younger brother, Bruce used to come over and play with us when we were a lot smaller. He and Phillip didn't really like each other though!

We talked and talked again with our former neighbour. She's still doing pretty well for an 83-year-old, still able to talk and walk around freely. We had to leave at about 9.15pm to pick Aonghas up but she kept on talking and talking! I think we really need to visit her more than once a year since we've got so much to talk about!

Today Sarena also came over to pick up a DVD I was MEANT to burn her AAAAGES ago!!! I've been procrastinating too much these holidays! I've got to get back in gear! She accidentally dropped it so while I was burning another one for her I was just signing her book (with my already-planned message!) and talking to her outside the front doorstep, reminiscing and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment