Sunday 24 December 2006

Old Faces

We spent most of Friday over at North Shore as Aonghas had his grade 8 accordion exam. As it was to last for an hour, my mum and I walked around the shopping centre in Milford, where there was not that much to look at, although we did come across Aunty Helen from church, who lived around that area and was just doing some banking. It was also the first time I had tried using an ATM machine!

As we were leaving the shopping centre we came across Mr Li, an old maths teacher from Rutherford College who left for Glenfield College. He was on his way to pick up his wife from work. He told us that because of decreasing numbers he was leaving Glenfield for Albany Junior High School. He'll get to work with Ms Takeda, the Japanese teacher from Rutherford who's also going to Albany!

We picked Aonghas up from his exam after an hour. He and my dad got a talking to from one of the Accordion Association ladies who kinda criticised us Anderson brothers for not participating more in accordion activities such as performances here and overseas, and the accordion orchestra. The main reason was that most of these events took place in North Shore and we're not that very rich! She was telling them that we should, or we NEED to participate more next year.

I got a phone call early that morning from Hallensteins! They wanted to have a phone interview with me so that if there was a position available at the Henderson store they could use me. The lady asked me some questions like:

-Why do you want to work for Hallensteins?
Because I want to serve the customers, communicate and connect with them, do Hallensteins proud, and SERVE STUFF!

-Have you had any previous work experience in retail?
I've taught music, and I've done some similar stuff at school but....no..

-What sort of pay would you expect?
I don't really mind, anything! (well I mean right now I'm earning nothing!)

-What do you think makes good customer service?
Attending to the customer's needs as promptly as possible, being open and friendly to them so they aren't hesitant to approach you for help, and to make customers' shopping experience enjoyable! :D

-How would your friends describe your work ethic?
If I'm given a job, I put my head down and get on with it, and give it all I've got to get the job done quickly and efficiently as possible

-How would your best friend describe you?
As loyal *winkwink*, fun-loving...OK maybe not fun-loving but....adventurous (I couldn't think of a word and they don't really know me so...oh well!)

Yeah so I my responses weren't too well thought out!


Later that afternoon Aonghas got called into work so he was working till midnight. I was just mucking on the computer when I got a phone call from who I thought was the Hallensteins lady ringing to let me know they needed me to work that night! Turns out it was just Zippo, my long-lost neighbour who I haven't seen in yonks...nah it was good catching up with her! She came over with Szelin (her sister) and hung out in our messed up bedroom checking out the school magazine and talking.

Yesterday morning I went driving in my Nissan Pulsar (oooh yah!)...with my dad of course...around Te Atatu South and Glendene for half an hour. When we were at BP about to fill the petrol, I tried pushing the lever to pop open the petrol tank cover, but for some reason the boot opened! I think I must've pulled the lever, because that's what's supposed to happen when you pull it, but we thought that was broken! So yeah I'm happy about that! Now we don't have to stop the stereo to open the boot!!

In the afternoon Aonghas got called to work AGAIN (he ended up working for ten hours, man that rich guy!) while Phillip, my former neighbour of about ten years who lives down in Palmerston North now came over to visit. He's got a flash Mazda with this really cool Sony stereo! He drives a manual, and so he was teasing me about how I could only manage an automatic. Pfffff well I enjoy the automatic thank you very much as I don't have to get heart attacks that often and I can relax and listen to the stereo more! :D

He ended up taking me driving for about an hour which seemed to go by fast despite me driving around and around the same place over again. He kept telling me to improve my turning as I kept turning too sharp, and keep an eye on the blindspot and the rear vision mirro, and told me to go read up on the road code as I didn't give way to this car! He let me reverse all the way down our long driveway too!

We got home to find my Aunty Noeline and Uncle Peter there! Uncle Peter got bitten by my other Uncle David's dog earlier in the morning and had to go to hospital, but he seemed fine when he was at our house. Now you see why I'm afraid of dogs! After a while of talking they left, and then Phillip left.

I spent all night watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation One and Two. I've seen the first one almost four or five times now. It's not so bad, but the second one was terrible! It must've been one of the worst movies I've seen! Thank goodness after that finished Aonghas was home and so we were able to watch the second episode of 24 Season One. I'm trying to convert Aonghas, who didn't get any of it when season five was on TV. Hamish and I haven't watched all of the seasons either so I thought we'd start right from the beginning and it definitely is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment