Thursday 20 January 2011

Birthday Surprise

Tonight a few of my old high school friends invited me to come out with them to dinner in the city for my birthday and also for a catch-up. Jacqueline organised the whole thing which was really nice of her! 

I was told we would be having dinner at the Zap Restaurant, so I drove into the city and parked by the uni, as parking is free after 6pm there (now you know if you didn't before!). With the address I had gotten off the internet (well that's what I thought it was anyway!), I wandered down Queen Street to the other end, but when I got to the number, the restaurant wasn't there! 

I then remembered being told the restaurant was besides a BBQ King, and I went there for Shrikkanth's birthday a little while ago, so I walked back up Queen Street to the BBQ King I knew of only to not be able to see any other restaurant nearby! I then texted Jacqueline who told me it was down by Fort Street, which was right at the other end of Queen Street, so I walked back the way I came!

I got to Fort Street and almost missed the side street but soon found the right place! Already there was Shen, Nick, Larry and Jacqueline. Zap Restaurant turned out to be a Thai restaurant which was good because I haven't eaten much Thai food before! We ordered quite quickly after I got there. I ordered this dish with lamb, rice and sweet and sour sauce. It was really nice!


Shen wasn't too happy with his dish so he ordered another plate while Jacqueline ate his dish! The rest of us managed to eat our food though! Once we all finished, we just hung around and talked for a bit before the spotlight was put on me - I had to decide what to do next, as in what sort of dessert to get! I have no idea when it comes to things relating to food or eating out! 

Somehow the discussion then turned to what sort of girls I go for, what I look for in a girl and which...parts of a girl I prefer...if you catch my drift! Even long after we had decided to go to Hulucat Tea House which serves pearl milk tea and other drinks and were walking there, they were still asking me questions as to what girls I liked! I'll let them know eventually!

Shrikkanth soon joined us at Hulucat, and a few of us ordered drinks. I ordered a peach slushy and was surprised at how huge it was when I received it! 



While the rest of the guys waited for their drinks, we played Last Card with a pack of UNO cards provided. The place was full of Asians playing cards and drinking all sorts of drinks, as well as a few doing what looked like their homework.



I soon had to go as I had a driving curfew at 10pmm. I admit I left a little late, and ended up running out of the place, forgetting how to get back to my car park and getting lost in the city. I was also desperate to go to the toilet as well, but that was at the bottom of the priority list! I had to get to the car and drive it home before 10pm first! I managed to do so...more or less!

Thanks guys for making my day and night! I'm grateful to have friends like them!



No comments:

Post a Comment