Sunday 2 January 2011

An Imperial Lunch

Because our church wasn't providing lunch after the service today, a group of families at our church decided we'd try out this restaurant in the city that offers buffet lunch and dim sum in the weekends for a not-too-expensive price. We were originally going to skip Sunday School and leave early so we could make it in time as our session went from 1-2.30pm and we wanted to eat as much as possible. We ended up staying for the entire Sunday School and leaving straight after.

I was driving (don't be so surprised!) and took my mum, Hamish, Jireh and his sister Joylynn and we got to the city quite quickly. We parked outside Albert Park and even had time to walk down to the restaurant in time!

I've been to this restaurant three times in the past but it has never been this packed! It has never had buffet dim sum before as I think they only offer it in the weekends! We bumped into a few other church people at the restaurant too!

There was quite a bit of food, and I had never eaten so much dim sum in one go! Usually at yumcha they charge you a lot for a small dish and you have to fill yourself up by drinking a lot of tea! This time I actually filled myself up with food! I tried to stay away from the deep-fried food and ate as much dim sum as I could!

After a few plates though I started to get full! Even Jireh who was pacing himself was getting full! That meant it was dessert time, or as Leonie called it...snacks! There were egg tarts, cakes and small cupcakes. I barely got through a plateful of that sort of food before I was full. By then, the food was starting to get cleared and so some of the adults told us to get some food before it was too late. It was a bit of a waste though as I couldn't even touch my plate and no one wanted any of my food!


It was time to leave, and once the bill was paid, we walked back down to Queen Street and walked towards the waterfront. We walked along the waterfront before realising we had been separated from the adults! We stood around checking out the water and the boats as Winston and Hamish tried contacting the other party. We soon discovered that they were sitting on the other side of the waterfront, outside the Hilton Hotel!



We reunited with them and talked for a while. We then headed back towards our car, taking a detour to that Look Sharp store (the one that sells heaps of costumes!) on the way.

It was soon dinner time, but none of us felt hungry! We just wanted to get home and lie down!



No comments:

Post a Comment