Saturday 1 January 2011

Know Your Product, Vodafone Customer Service

This afternoon I rang up Vodafone to ask them whether it was possible for them to enable my phone to do Hotlink, as I had seen a Vodafone staff member being able to do it on one of their forums. I was surprised I was able to talk to someone within a few minutes of calling, but even more surprised by the service I received.

When I asked the customer service representative (who had a slight American accent and sounded like he wasn't from this country) about enabling Hotlink, he told me I'd have to contact the handset manufacturer (HTC) and offered to give me the company's website and phone number.

I asked him if there was anything he could do though, since Hotlink was a service provided by Vodafone. Now this was what caught me by surprise. He asked me what Hotlinking was! I would've thought he would have known what products and services the company he worked for sold/provided! I then proceeded to explain to him what Hotlink was.

He then told me that Vodafone didn't manufacture the handsets (obviously) and told me he could provide me with HTC's website, phone number and the Vodafone website. I let him continue to give me the details for HTC. I then asked him whether there was a specific page on the Vodafone website that could help me, as I was already on the site. That's when he told me I should be able to find it somewhere.

Thank goodness calls to customer service don't cost a dollar anymore, because that call definitely wasn't worth one dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment