Saturday 8 January 2011

Ready for the Kids

Our church's annual Children's Summer Programme is coming up next week and we had a training day for it today.


This year the theme is 'Time Traveller' and so is based around the movie 'Meet the Robinsons'. Each day till midday there will be a schedule filled with games, stories, singing and craft activities for the kids. We went through each activity today just to make sure each person knew what they would be doing.

 
This year I'll be doing two skits on two separate days that forms a series of skits called 'Time Point News', where an interviewer interviews a Biblical character. On Monday I'll be acting as Adam (as in Adam and Eve) so you'll have to wait and see what I wear/don't wear! On Friday I'll be acting as Thomas, one of Jesus's disciples (I think!).


I will also be running a game called Mr Squirt where I get a kid to come up and ask him/her these questions in which they're not allowed to answer 'yes' or 'no' to. If they do, I squirt them with a water gun, but if they don't within 30 seconds, then they get to squirt me!


I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment