Sunday 9 January 2011

A Sunday School BBQ

After church today we went to Aunty Stephanie's (and Jennifer and Amelia's) house for a BBQ for our Sunday School class. This is the second time we've done this (I didn't realise the last one was in 2008!).


We all started off with the eating part, and that was really good. There were heaps of sausages and meat, along with salad and coleslaw...yes coleslaw Amelia (she likes to call it salad which I suppose is also correct, but to the rest of us it's coleslaw!!)


I ate so much I actually got full, and I think the others got full too! While the adults continued talking outside, us young people went inside to talk for a while before the games started...


The first game Jennifer had organised for us was charades. We were put into three teams. Each team came up and had to guess the word one of their team members was trying to act out. In my team (Team Teletubbies) we had Angie and Esther, our Sunday School teacher John's daughter.

There were all sorts of things we had to act out like movies, clothing brands and objects. Sadly I kept having to get clothing brands, which I know nothing about! After three or so rounds, two teams (including ours) were in the lead. We had a bonus round and after that our team was leading!


During one of my team's rounds, I slipped over on the carpet and hit myself on the piano, hurting my leg. Only Calum could manage hurting himself like that...



In the next round, a representative from each team had to come up and be given a song name to go back to their team and hum, with the first team correctly guessing the song name getting a point. I was my team's representative and so I did all the humming, which was sometimes in sync and tune with the other team's representatives! I didn't think we did so well in that round, but strangely enough we won as well! Go Team Teletubbies!


We just listened to songs from Jennifer's playlist and tried guessing the names for a while before it was late and we had to go.

It was good fun being back at the Wong household! I'm enjoying all these BBQ's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment