Wednesday 12 January 2011

The Half Way Point

OK, third day of the Summer Programme and we're all starting to get worn out! We once again started out with the games, getting the kids to play with the parachute


before we had children's singing.


Cleo and Angie have been playing music for children's singing while Rebecca's mum has been leading it. They've been doing a pretty good job all week, with the kids really getting into it. 


Derek and Joylynn led a game called 'Pairs' which is sort of like 'Memory' where you have to get pairs. It was once again boys vs girls, and this time the boys won!


For the 'Time Point News' segment today, Aonghas was back this time interviewing Benjamin, son of Benjamin (the shepherd), aka Ben Ben Ben (wait for possible laughter) who was played by Ben (coincidence? I think not!)


Ben did quite well out there! The kids loved it. I think he's destined to become an actor one day!

Joylynn and Antonia tested the memories of the children by playing a game requiring them to answer questions about anything that had happened over the past few days at the Summer Programme.


It was then Aonghas's turn to play Feet and Stare with the kids, which was quite a mission for Aonghas to catch the kids out (they either had to look at their feet or stare). The night before he had printed out a list of rhyming words to use to try trick the kids. Eventually he did get whittle them down to a few!


After the serial story, Lisa and Cleo ran the Sword Drill game, where one boy and one girl had to run to their balloon, pop it, grab the piece of paper with the Bible verse then run back to the Bible and try find the verse with the first one to do so being the winner. 


Once again competition was intense, and once again today the boys won! I think today was the boys' day to shine!


We had group time once again and our team won very few points...once again. Tim and Tanya told a Bible story afterwards and asked if any kids had any questions about Christianity or wanted God in their life to stay behind while the others went to morning tea. Because I was one of the group teachers, I had to do counseling which I was a little nervous about! I got to the kids late though as I had just been in the toilet and all the other teachers had got the kids covered, so I guess I got off free!

For craft today the kids were making a key ring, which they could decorate in any way they liked!


Finally, to end the day the kids were each given a chocolate and then tried to see who could tear their chocolate rapper into the longest piece possible! Evangeline, one of the girls in my group did pretty well! I'm not actually too sure who won in the end though but I'm sure they made it to a metre at least!


Once all the kids left, it was time for lunch! Today's lunch was probably the best we've had so far! We got a choice of spaghetti or fried rice. I was hungry late in the afternoon in the past two days so my mum made sure I ate more than one plate this time. Grace gave me half of her fried rice, so I mixed it in with my bowl of spaghetti. I finished my first bowl and then went on to my second bowl that Grace had gotten for me. 


Rebecca who was next to me was still struggling with her first plate! We ended up having a competition to see who could finish first - Rebecca's first plate or my second plate! I'm proud to say...no competition! B-)


No comments:

Post a Comment