Tuesday 1 August 2006

One Line

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day!!
It's nearly over anyway...yet another day to celebrate love... Apparently the story behind Chinese Valentine's Day being on the 7th day of the 7th month of the Chinese Lunar year is that there was some girl and some guy forbi...cut a long story short they were only allowed to meet each other on the 7th day of the month of each Chinese Lunar year and so this has become Chinese Valentine's Day (I think?) and if it rains (which it did today!) then it means its the girl's tears (I think? I've most likely got the story wrong), probably tears of joy from getting to see her lover...yeah...

Anyway bad weather today just rainrainrain I originally thought I was going to get my Chinese speech assessment mark back but we ended up talking about that story above. String quartet wasn't so bad the teacher was nice again this week! I think it must be due to the absence of pressure...

1 comment:

  1. Mel says: I've heard that story well i've recently read it anyway but i didn't know it was chinese valentines day though.. i actually didn't know we had a valentines day...hmmm interesting new fact i've found out.
    well neway lol Happy Belated Chinese Valentines Day!! lol :D

    ReplyDelete