Thursday 10 August 2006

Procrastinating

I've been procrastinating too much this week. Each day I tell myself to write that page on why I want to be a lawyer for that scholarship application form, and to get that Chinese speech done, but after two weeks I still haven't done it! Yesterday after school I was just sitting there on the computer with the speech open, staring at it and then thinking...hmm I'll just chat to a few friends to ask for their opinions. Five hours later, I've added nothing to the speech!

The Chinese speech competition is coming up next Saturday, and I still haven't really decided what to talk about. I can talk about anything in Chinese for 3 minutes. I've been tossing up between two topics: how to find a Chinese girlfriend, and being a Eurasian. I know nothing about finding a Chinese girlfriend (not much experience), and so I tried asking my female Asian friends. They told me you've got to be tall, rich, be able to drive, be ugly (so that the girl can feel good about herself, don't have to worry about competition, and can be the centre of attention) and remember every single anniversary. I might just write two speeches and then get the teacher to decide which is better.

I finally got to go back to Middlemore Hospital on Tuesday to get my braces fixed, as one of the brackets on my teeth had come out last week. It was early in the morning and there were all these South Aucklanders lining up to be treated. I thought that was where I was supposed to line up, so I just stood in the line. It turns out it was the pain relief clinic! I was supposed to be in the appointments line, which was non-existent! So I went in and got my braces fixed. They told me I needed to get my two teeth pulled out before my next check-up at Middlemore. After school I went to see Anthony Wong, my dentist, and told him I needed my wisdom teeth pulled out, but he told me that mine hadn't fully grown and that I'd need an operation to get them taken out. If Middlemore couldn't do it, then he'd have to refer me to a private hospital which could cost $3000 upwards!!! My dad didn't know about this, and we didn't tell him that night because we wanted him to sleep peacefully. Fortunately my mum told him the next day while I was at school. He rang up the hospital, and they told him I needed two other teeth pulled out, not my wisdom teeth, as they would do it as part of my operation next year. Anthony Wong said he could pull those two teeth out himself for about $200. At least that's a lot less than 3000!

After visiting Anthony Wong, I quickly rushed to the netball game to support Rutherford up against Long Bay. It was great to see so many students and teachers supporting our team! All the principals were there, a few deans and the PE teachers. Unfortunately we lost by about 7 goals, but I can't wait to support our school somewhere else now! (Yes now I'm getting TOO attached!)

This girl still thinks I like this girl even though I'm waaaay over her so yeah to that girl I'm over that other girl!

Tomorrow is Coke Careers Expo. That should be good. No stats, no chemistry, come back just in time for free period!

No comments:

Post a Comment