Tuesday 22 August 2006

Spanish Flavour

Today was Spanish Day of International Languages Week at our school. It was also Funny Hat Day. At first it didn't seem as though too many people had brought funny hats to school. Most were teachers, as well as a few students. I brought my umbrella hat, thinking it would rain. I wanted to wear a cooking pot but my mum couldn't find one she wasn't using for cooking with.

Sports photos were taking place in the hall all day. I had to get one taken as part of the Senior Boys Squash team. I forgot all about it, until I saw Nikki being called for senior girls squash. At that time I remembered it was during chemistry the squash team photos were being taken! I looked at the notices and realised they had been taken ten minutes ago, so I rushed to the hall, hoping that maybe things were delayed. Well...they weren't, but our team was having their photo re shot because the teacher in charge wasn't present for the first one! PHEW

During lunch outside the B Block the Spanish students were selling Spanish food, as well as running a pinata competition. I'm sure that thing got whacked down several times! My umbrella hat blew off and there were these girls who asked me if they could have it! Before I rushed off to orchestra after feeling guilty, I came across Angie and Gwen who were selling boxes of joy and after promising them several times to buy one, I finally decided to buy one, so there went $2.50 of my money.

During form period I was about to leave the music room when some of the students of the form class based in that room asked me to donate some money for Daffodil Day, so there went another dollar!

After school we had a salsa dancing lesson! It was really complicated. There were only four guys - Shen (after pressuring him to come along!), Aonghas, me and this other guy. The rest were girls. The girls opted to pair up with each other, leaving us guys to dance with the teachers. At first I danced with this Indian dance teacher (I can't spell her name!) until one of the girls became free, so I danced with this year 12 girl for the rest of the lesson. We learnt all these moves. I don't think we were doing them right though. Mr Moore the principal came over half way through probably after his soccer training with the soccer team, and joined in. I think he was having a bit of trouble too! It was all a bit of fun in the end and something different!

2 comments:

  1. awww~~hyun here
    International Languages Week sounds so fun ova there.
    did nebody take part in da martial arts section yesterday?
    or is it tomorrow?

    nehow...im missing da cold fresh air there lol
    soo hot here

    well i gtg
    cya

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done ladies ^^ (angie n gwen)
    is everything going well?
    did we sell all da rest?

    Calum... ^*^ good on u dancing wit a girl. did beta dan Shen! lol

    ReplyDelete