Friday 25 August 2006

Self-Discovery

Today was Chinese Day at school. They played Chinese music out loud during interval. Funnily enough there were fewer people in that area! We cooked dumplings during our free Chinese period. Well...Shiu Tai and Bronwen and Jacqueline were cooking them, while the rest of us watched. I know now why our Chinese teacher didn't originally ask us to help out! We kinda stuffed up a whole batch of dumplings, when someone poured too much water in the pan!
 
The dumplings were being sold for 50c each while other snacks were about the same price. There were also a couple of Chinese people who were teaching students how to play with that Chinese yo-yo. Fortunately there was quite a huge turnout during lunch! I was originally assigned the task of selling the dumplings, but the year 12's got to the table first and took my job, so I didn't get to. That was OK though, as I had to set up the projector in the hall for assembly as well as go to the Auckland University Scholarship talk in the careers centre.
 
Later tonight we had FiaFia night, which is a bit like a cultural festival. It was the first I've ever been to at Rutherford! I was performing as part of the choir. We performed the same Samoan song we did at the Big Sing, as well as this other African song which I didn't really know, so I skipped physics to learn it with the music teacher. The FiaFia night was pretty interesting, with a loud noisy and supportive audience! The Indian dance group were really impressive! Go Shen!!
 
Some things I've come to notice today are that I've come to realise I've been annoying the hell out of heaps of people in my attempt to capture my last year at high school through obsessive photo-taking. I apologise to everyone that I've annoyed already, and promise to take them more discreetly from now on!
 
I also realised that I have no idea how to make people feel better! Well not on MSN anyway. I end up trying to lighten up the mood but in the end probably don't sound as if I'm taking things seriously and then cap it off by giving regurgitated advice that I don't even know makes sense at all or will even work! Maybe I should just hide somewhere or not go on MSN for a while so I don't make things worse for people!

No comments:

Post a Comment