Thursday 24 January 2008

RIP Heath Ledger

I'm quite late at posting this but I'll do it nonetheless! I came home after dropping off some stuff for Aonghas who was at camp, went on the NZ Herald website as usual and was shocked to read of his death, especially someone as young as he was!

To be honest I didn't really know much about him or pay much attention to him because I kept getting mixed up with those other guys like Colin Farrell (even now I don't know that actor too well!), but it was only once I saw 10 Things I Hate About You that I started to notice him. I actually didn't know he was in Brokeback Mountain either! I did know he was in Batman: The Dark Knight and have to say that going by the trailers it looks like he plays one hell of a Joker! Shrikkanth, my friend pointed a bit from this Wikipedia article out to me though:

"To prepare for the role he lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's posture, voice and psychology"

Originally the article went on to say that the role had affected his sleeping patterns, but it has since been deleted.

Anyway my thoughts are with his daughter, and I shall forever remember him the most for the following scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment