Thursday 30 November 2006

Premature Relaxation

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEN!!

Woohoo all my 'serious' exams are over!...well except for Chinese and less importantly Scholarship Statistics.

I had chemistry earlier in the week on Monday morning. That was absolutely terrible! During the weekend I realised how much I DIDN'T know and started to freak out a little bit! So I ended up studying and studying, and even by Monday morning I hadn't memorised and learnt everything I needed to! I didn't even know what I was doing for one Achievement Standard (Aqueous Solutions)!

Oh yeah even though I was trying to study hard all weekend, I took some time off to go to church on Sunday morning, but ended up being the only person to show up at Sunday school class! They all must've been studying hard at home! So it was just me and two Sunday school teachers. We ended up talking about what rules we'd make if we were parents. I suggested no boyfriends or girlfriends till university! :D They then asked me how I thought about that rule, and I told them there were some good things and some bad things about it, in that having a girlfriend could be distracting and my parents thought I'd get heartbroken, but that I sometimes kinda wanted a bit more freedom. One of the Sunday school teachers commented that when he was in form 1 at school in Hong Kong, there was this guy in his class who never did any work and was at the bottom of the class. When he got a girlfriend, he rocketed to the top of his class!

Anyway I managed to get through the chemistry exam, answering as many questions as I possibly could. The organics paper turned out to be the most difficult for me. Upon coming out of the exams everyone was commenting on how hard it was, and that made me feel better temporarily! I later checked out the StudyIt website to see what other people thought, but they all thought it was pretty good!!! :S

On Tuesday I had my history exam, so that day after my chemistry exam I got straight onto history, as I have a really really bad memory. History is my most important exam of them all, as if I don't pass at least two of the three papers, then I won't get in to Bachelor of Health Science or Bachelor of Science (Biomed). I was a little anxious going into the exams, hoping they'd give me suitable essay questions. I had prepared for pre-1840 Pakeha-Maori race relations. Fortunately essay questions which I had written essays for earlier in the year appeared, just with different wording! I hope I answered the questions properly though. The resource interpretation was a little tricky though. I got stuck on one of the questions, and only just managed to answer all the questions as the exam supervisor told us to put our pens down!

So now that I've only got Chinese and Scholarship Stats left, I've been relaxing a bit TOO much, not having done anything in the past two days. I probably won't take Scholarship Stats too seriously, but I should put in a bit of work into Chinese.

I'm still looking for a job so I can afford to continue texting people (and eventually buy my own phone!). So far I've applied at one place (last Friday), but still haven't gotten any reply from them yet. It's probably too soon, but I might as well try applying for jobs at other places just in case.

Christmas in the Park is coming up!! I'm not too sure who is going, but the twins and I are thinking of going, so is Jacqueline and Ben (I think), so hopefully a few more people will come along too, as you won't get such great coverage on TV3! (no surprises there! ;) )

And finally...I heard quite a few random things on TV all day today ao here goes:

"What sort of mother steals her daughter's boyfriend?!" - Home and Away "I tried cutting my boobs off, but that was no good..." - 20/20

"You f****n b!tch! You f****n wait!" - ONE News

No comments:

Post a Comment