Thursday 23 November 2006

They Just Won't Go Away!! (well apart from a few things)

I had a day off from exams today so I TRIED studying but didn't really get far.

Throughout these exams I always seem to have a song stuck in my head!

During the statistics exam I had that song But it's Better if You Do by Panic! At the Disco going through my head over and over again...till I started stressing towards the exam and started concentrating on statistics.

I've also had that song Changes by All American Rejects and Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance stuck in my head, and now I've got that song The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide is Press Coverage by Panic! At the Disco repeating in my head now! (you've just gotta love the names they come up for their songs don't you!)

In other news sorry to hear Don Brash quitting the National Party...or am I? Nah he was a good guy. I'm just against him because he was in the National Party! I liked the little gaffe he made while being interviewed by Susan Wood on Close Up tonight:

Don Brash: We're almost at the end of the parliamentary year, next week is a recess week in fact, and I thought it was desirable, in fact originally the plan was to go in a few days time, but I thought look, given the end of the parliamentary year, let's get it dealt with now, so that we can have a caucus meeting and John Key will have a, well, excuse me... (clutching earpiece for guidance)

Susan Wood: [Laughing with Glee] Ohhh, are you telling me John Key's going to be the leader?

Don Brash: Err, no, eventually the caucus will make that decision...


We will miss you Donnie! I can't wait to hear what sort of allegations are being made in the book, and whether it will have any effect on John Key's chances of becoming the next leader (and I doubt the last) to take on Helen Clark.

Also yay to the Auckland City Council voting in favour (conditionally) of the waterfront stadium! OK so ratepayers may have to foot the bill, but with all the bureaucracy that goes on in local politics in Auckland we may never get to see this sort of major development for many years to come! It's far better looking than containers!

No comments:

Post a Comment