Wednesday 22 November 2006

7-1-1

Yesterday I had my statistics exam yesterday afternoon, but I had to come into school early in the morning with Aonghas as he had an English exam in the morning. I ended up just hanging out with Chen studying statistics for most of the time. It was great being back at school, even though it felt a little weird being one of only a few seniors around!

I sat right at the back of the first row, Stephen sat all the way at the opposite end of the row. The exam wasn't too bad, although I'm not too sure about how I did with the excellence questions, and I won't really know how well I did till I get my results. After feeling as though things went OK in my school exams and then discovering my bad results afterwards, I'm a little anxious that I've made silly little mistakes unknowingly!

Today I had Scholarship Chinese in the afternoon. This time I stayed at home to study in the morning, trying to memorise as many characters and grammar structures as I possibly could! I was a little apprehensive before the exams as I wasn't sure how it was going to run. I was the only student that would be sitting scholarship Chinese and was aware that some time during my exam I would have to record myself speaking to a tape recorder in front of some supervisor!

Fortunately the exam wasn't too bad. I only got to school in time, run all the way to the hall only to see on the whiteboard that I had to go all the way to Room 60 in D Block. All the year 12s were outside the hall as they had their year 12 English exam. So I ran all the way to D Block only to find the gate was closed, so I had to try the other gate, which was closed, so I ran back to the other one when I saw a teacher was out there. She then told me to try the third gate! Finally an open gate! I then got to Room 60, where I would be the only student in the room with one other supervisor.

The exam consisted of two main parts. I first had to listen to three passages being read for half an hour, and then write an essay based on what I heard (what to do during school holidays). The second part was to read a passage and then record my answers given verbally onto tape. Because I was the only person, I could record my voice right before the end of the exam. It wasn't that uncomfortable! I had enough time to write twice as much as I needed to for my essay and managed to speak for 4 minutes out of the maximum 6 minutes I was allowed to. Whether or not I was talking/writing about anything that made actual sense is another matter!

1 comment:

  1. hyun- wow! u actually did really well in ur chinese schol exam! I did a practice with da other Jap scholarship students, yet all of us weren't able to speak as much as 4 minutes...
    btw, wat does ur title "7-1-1" stand for? its not 911 is it? lol

    ReplyDelete