Thursday 9 November 2006

Plenty of Firsts

My dreams of going through a whole year of school at Rutherford without getting a late detention ended today, as I got my first late detention for 2006. Thanks Aonghas! He didn't wake up early enough, and it was raining hard out. We ended up getting stuck in traffic and didn't get to school till 10 minutes after the bell. That makes my total late detentions at high school for the five years to about eight. At least I won't be late to school on a Thursday ever again!!

I brought my camera and video camera to school today to do record some precious memories. I ended up filming Stephen being...well...Stephen in statistics class, and documenting my thoughts of the D Block toilets in the D Block toilets during my free period (you know like which cubicle was my favourite etc. etc.). As soon as I heard someone walk into the toilets I dashed inside that cubicle and put away my camera!

We had our prefects lunch today. Mr Moore (the principal) and Mrs Taylor (our dean) provided us with some Subway and other yummy stuff (less healthy than the sandwiches he gave us at the last lunch!). He then asked us for our opinion on what we thought the prefects uniform should look like. I wish I could stay a little longer to witness the changes! I didn't bring any lunch as I was counting on this lunch to fill me up, which it did!

After lunch we had a special assembly so that prize winners names could be read out. At the beginning though I was awarded my trophy and certificate for coming first in the Chinese Speech Competition. I was sitting at the back of the hall with Hyun and because the microphone wasn't working, I couldn't hear the principal call out my name!

After that they went through the list of names. The usuals were called out, like Chen Liu Chen Liu Chen Liu, as well as my brother, the Oh boys and the other usual year 13s. Yay!!!! though that Phoebe got called out for a year 12 prize, as I told her I'd kick ...someone...for her if she didn't get one (showing how confident I was of her getting one), which means I don't have to kick that...someone...anymore!

I'm really running out of time, with the end of school fast approaching!! I need to do everything I've wanted to do before it comes! OK I'm off so I can get to school ON TIME tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment