Thursday 2 November 2006

The Side You Never See

This morning I only just managed to get into history class after coming to school after the bell. I saw Heather and Patrick (head girl and deputy head boy) hoisting the flag up and so I tagged along with them along with another late girl who joined. I was a little worried when we got in class as the history teacher knew the other two head students had been doing the flag. She questioned the other girl why she was late, and so I was quickly trying to ask Heather if I could say I was with them as an excuse! She couldn't hear me properly but fortunately the teacher never bothered asking me!

I arrived at the transition room at interval to find the twins with their Young Enterprise groups. Gwen, Angie and Alex were all there (the ones who could speak and understand Chinese) so I got started speaking Cantonese to them (and a bit of Mandarin to Angie). OK so I probably didn't make a whole lot of sense but it felt great being the one who other people couldn't understand for once!

I spent lunch with Phoebe again trying to help her out with maths. We ended up not doing much maths and just started talking. I should really stop getting side-tracked! The bell went and we hadn't done much so Phoebe asked her form teacher if she could stay outside to hang out with me (to learn maths) and she said go ahead. I was a little surprised at hearing Phoebe tell her form teacher we used to go out! We were talking about the head students election when she told me she wasn't sure if she voted for me either for head boy or for student rep! My bestest friend!!!!! Oh well it's over so it doesn't matter anyway! I don't know why people look at me weirdly and make comments whenever I'm around her. It's not as if she's the only girl I hang around and talk to!

We had physics during the last period, in which we had a nuclear physics teast - a test I completely forgot about and did no study for! Because the teacher gave us the 2005 paper, the same paper I sat last year and got achieved, he was expecting me to get excellence (I'm sure he was being sarcastic!). Us guys were just sitting there with pretty blank pieces of paper looking at each other! Fortunately reports have been decided already!

By the way congratulations on the short-listed candidates for head students! I felt a little bad for those who didn't make it, and even offered Melissa (one of the girls who didn't get short-listed) a hug but she didn't want it. What is it with girls not wanting hugs from me?! I've had more hugs from guys than girls this term which is disturbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment