Sunday 12 November 2006

Counting Down the Days

There was a call for 7th form students to dye their white school polo shirts a different colour and wear it to school on Friday. Because it was something different, I thought I'd join the guys and do it too, but...I completely forgot about it till just a few minutes before leaving home on Friday morning for school. Instead I just grabbed one of Aonghas' black polo t-shirts and took that to school. Fortunately we got to school the earliest in several weeks and I caught up with everyone else who had dyed their shirts. Some of the more intelligent people like Heather, Sarena and Nikki didn't dye their collars so they could put their jumpers on top and no one would realise what they had done. There were also some with funky colours like Bronwen's multicoloured t-shirt and Evan's pink shirt! Everyone got together for a photo before the bell went. After that I decided to take my t-shirt off as it didn't really fit, plus I would be wearing four layers of clothing and I was hot already as it was! Lucky I did though, as later in the day a few people got caught by the dean and were put on detention! Aonghas told me after school that apparently an email went around to all the teachers, warning them to look out for students with dyed t-shirts!
 
We had merit award prize-giving practice at the beginning of first period. Mr Coughlan (the deputy principal) put me in charge of sorting out the 7th formers, expecting us to be the intelligent ones, but they didn't seem to know what they were doing! I guess there was some fault on my behalf. I was given the list with people's names and what they were getting though! I spent most of the time trying to prevent other people from looking at it that I didn't spend enough time memorising what some people got!
 
My chemistry teacher was back after being absent for two days. He had this patch on his lower forehead between his eyebrows. Apparently he walked into a door! (either a door or a wall? I don't think it was moving anyway!)
 
I spent the rest of the day and lunch taking photos with people and started my quest to take photos with as many people at school as I possibly can! So far I'm up to 23 so I'm getting there! I'll probably only end up taking photos with people I actually know. I really should have started doing this earlier! I was standing opposite the school tuck shop during lunch when I came across some friends and took photos with them. Then along came some guys and I ended up taking photos with them, and it was only then I realised who they were! I've read about some people at Bebo, but only met them for the first time (or realised who they were in real life) on Friday!
 
I'm starting to wish I did a few things a lot earlier than I have! I've been talking a bit more to this group of students lately, such as Aone, Lisa, Gwen, Angie, Alex, Archi and Rhea (I think the first time I talked to her was Friday actually even though I've talked to her brother before!). They've been pretty fun to talk to and hang around with, and prior to term two I had never talked to any of them! Just as I've been getting to know them even more, school's finished!
 
During lunch I also took some photos of the Korean percussion group at a teacher's request, and so I got the opportunity to watch them practise. It was really good to see another cultural group getting going at school! We always have the usual ones like the Samoan, Maori and Indian groups but nothing much else. The school did used to have a Korean Dance Group but not for a few years, so hopefully this will be able to continue for quite a few years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment