Sunday 9 September 2007

Mini-Reunion

On Friday night some of us ex-Rutherford students got together at Denny's (is it Denny's or Danny's? This was the first time I went there!) to catch up with each other, especially Heather who had come up from Christchurch on holiday. I caught a ride with Shen who was also taking Shrikkanth, Nick and Jacqueline.

There were quite a few people that turned up! There were a few notable absences, I'm not too sure where they were.

We had this...odd...waitress. When Shen asked if there was a TV in the restaurant so that we could watch the Warriors game, she replied

"I'm the TV!!"

That led to quite a few jokes some of the guys made, such as suggesting she was WIDESCREEN , and that we should check the TELETITS!


Shen, Shrikkanth, David, Nick, Jacqueline and I sat at one table while at another table were a few other people, so many I can't remember their names!

I was about to order the Fish and Chips dish, as it was the cheapest, but after hearing David order the Honey Chicken and checking it out, I decided to make a last minute switch! Well it definitely tasted different!

We spent most of the night talking and joking, and we then paid our bills one by one. After everyone paid their bills there was a bit of a problem, with one meal still not having been paid. There was a bit of commotion and discussion between some of the guys and the Denny's/Danny's people before they agreed to let it go.

A few of us were talking outside afterwards, discussing who was going into the city for clubbing (not me though, I had to teach the next morning! Yep I'm yet to lose my clubbing virginity!) when a couple of guys frantically dashed down the road very suspiciously! We didn't really take too much notice of it.

When we walked back to Shen's car though, we walked past these guys sitting outside McDonald's who were eyeing us. That was pretty freaky. Even Shen told Nick to watch his back, which must've meant he noticed something! As Shen drove us away from the carpark, we saw a police car pull in and some other guys running away, so something must've been going on!

Anyway it was good to catch up with a few of the old Rutherford guys and girls! It's pretty cool that we still get together once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment