Monday 24 September 2007

Holidays!!! For Some...

Saturday was the last recorder class I had to teach for term three as it's now school holidays for those lucky school kids! I can't exactly complain since us uni students had our holidays a couple weeks ago already, but I wouldn't mind having a couple more!

Anyway just to lighten the mood for the last class of the term, I decided to play a few games with each of my classes..once I had actually thought of one! I ended up making one on the spot - trying to name ten musical notes in the fastest time. My first class of third year students got a little crazy (must be pre-holiday excitement!) and discovered I was ticklish while I was writing on the whiteboard. They also made use of the whiteboard marker when I handed it to them to write some answers on the whiteboard by drawing on my shorts!

The times taken for my students to name ten musical notes ranged from 40s to 1 minute. That was until we got to the advanced class - 11s! Now that's more like it!

This weekend I've been...not sure how to say it...in a continuous state of thought? OK that made absolutely no sense. Well yesterday morning at the church service there were four blind Taiwanese guys who sang as a quartet (sort of like a barbershop quartet) and were amazing! One would click his fingers and then all four of them would raise their microphones, and then he would sniff and they would start singing in perfect harmony! One of the men gave the sermon which did make me realise just how many people out there are worse off than us, and yet they're able to overcome their difficulties and make the most of their lives! That really inspired me.

Sunday school afterwards was cool, in that we got to have our class at a different location because our usual class stunk! Jennifer and her mum asked me about UMAT, and just the thought (and remembering!) made my day which was really cool. You only mention something once and she seems to remember, and she's always so positive! That also made my day.

One of my friends also hadn't texted me all day and all of last night (yeah I know tragic....) and I was starting to get worried. You end up getting all these thoughts that something not too great has happened, but fortunately it was far from it, and that she was all good! So all's good!

And as for a story about my encounter with these girls and one of their mums which caused them to turn abusive towards me (except for one who is just born evil), I shall post that up sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment