Thursday 30 December 2010

Year in Review Survey

1.What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I helped complete a research dissertation with a group of people which was great!


2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I partially kept some of them, only kept a few of them but failed to keep most of them! I'll post later about my New Year's Resolutions, but I will definitely make more for 2011 and will do my best to keep them!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Karvin, my youth group leader's wife gave birth (I think it was this year?), but quite a few people I know will be giving birth early next year though!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Sadly my Uncle David passed away in June on the first day of my exam period which made it a pretty difficult time

5. What countries did you visit?

I didn't get to visit any other countries, but for the first time in several years I got to travel by plane TWICE - first to Christchurch for a one week hospital placement, then down to Wellington for a day one week later for a job interview in Lower Hutt.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Maybe a full license, and...maybe a significant other?

7. What date(s) from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Probably the day my uncle passed away. It was the morning of my first exam and my dad woke us up early in the morning to let us know the news. On the other hand, I had a good get-together at my cousins' on Waitangi Day for my 21st which was quite a night for me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Completing my Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, and finally getting a full-time intern job for next year after many unsuccessful job applications and interviews!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Being lazy 'socially', according to my friend. I missed many opportunities at being better friends with people at uni because I couldn't make it to their 21st birthdays, or because I couldn't make it to meet-ups/gatherings with them.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Only a wart on my finger and getting that burnt off, and some superficial wounds to my face, arms and legs when I tripped over while competing with a 13 year old girl in a sprint race at church!


11. What was the best thing you bought?
I made a few relatively big purchases this year, including a Samsung camcorder, iPod Touch and HTC Desire, but I'd have to say so far the iPod Touch has been the best thing I've bought (the jury's still out on the HTC Desire!)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My good friends, mainly those from high school and church who have never forgotten about me and have been there for me.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I discovered that one person who I thought was a good friend of mine and who I had stood by for many years had been talking about me behind my back despite everything I've done. I won't say anymore about it.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Sadly....food! I couldn't help myself and spent a bit on food at the bakery near campus as well as fast food restaurants such as Burger King and Wendy's! My self-control wasn't as great this year as it has been in past years

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The BPharm Completion Ceremony, or pretty much finding out I had passed everything and finished my degree! I also got quite excited (but a little nervous) about getting to fly in a plane again!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Let's be happy and say Fireflies by Owl City!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder?
About the same I'd say. I've felt happy about some things this year, and sad about others. You could say I've been a lot more lost this year than past years, doing a lot more soul-searching!
thinner or fatter?
I feel fatter but the scales say otherwise - I weigh less than last year!
richer or poorer?
Richer in terms of money in my bank account, but when you add student loans and everything then things may change...

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Exercise, practise music, and explore the world

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Staying up late and watching TV!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Since Christmas was a few days ago, you can read what I did for Christmas here!

21. Who deleted question 21?

It's not deleted? :O

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?

That would've been nice!

23. How many one-night stands?

Zero!

24. What was your favorite TV programme?

It's probably Grey's Anatomy, Devil Beside You (wasn't on TV but it used to be on TV!), 

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Not hate but thought less of, yes.

26. What was the best book you read?

I don't think I've read that many books this year! I'd have to say Pharmacotherapy, A Pathophysiologic Approach Handbook since it helped me understand the actual 5kg thick textbook? o.O

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Owl City and various Chinese artists - I knew only of Jay Chou and Wang Lee Hom but only knew a couple of their songs. This year I discovered a lot more of their music. Oh, and also Phil Collins!
28. What did you want and get?
Some sort of portable device to access the internet, as well as something handy to record videos..oh and a new mobile phone


29. What did you want and not get?
My dream phone and...something else...

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

If it's going by the movies I watched in the cinemas (Avatar, Inception, KickA$$...others not memorable enough to remember), I'd have to say Inception!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 21, and I went to Wendy's with the brothers as well as had KFC with the Chins and Grace the next day before our first youth group of the year. I also had a little get-together at my cousins' on Waitangi Day as well.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I would say see question 6! Oh and probably better grades!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Lighter clothes? Maybe it can be summed up with one word - YELLOW.

34. What kept you sane?

Studying and certain friends knocking me back to Earth when I needed it

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Rainie Yang or Jessica Alba? ;)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

I'm not as into politics as I have been in the past, but I'd have to say...no I can't say. I can't really think of one!

37. Who did you miss?

My uncle

38. Who was the best new person you met? (as in someone I've met/gotten to know this year)

I've met a lot of great people this year but I've probably gotten to know Grace the most this year. I also got to know Jireh a lot better this year, but he's not new :P

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
I'd have to say I've learned that not everyone is who you think they are and to know and cherish those who are truly your friends. Spend the most time with them over others who don't appreciate you and you will enjoy life a whole lot more!
The three most important words that have also helped me get through the year are:
"JUST DON'T CARE" 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment