Tuesday 7 December 2010

Pre-Christmas/Post-Exam Dinner

My group of high school friends and I have sort of realised that catching up over dinner might be a good thing to do a bit more regularly, and so that's what we did again tonight! We decided to catch up over dinner at Da Vinci's Restaurant in the city.

I managed to convince my mum to let me drive to the city on my own, and you can tell by this blog post that I made it there and back safe and sound! I originally thought there would be parking right by the restaurant, but when I got there I couldn't find any so I had to drive around the place several times before I found a car park a few streets down!

I entered this restaurant that had a different name. I thought maybe this restaurant went by another name, so I asked if the restaurant was Da Vinci's, but it turned out that Da Vinci's was downstairs! 

I wandered down the driveway and spotted my friends through the window! 

There were only about eight of us, but that was all good! It was pretty cool catching up with a few of them who I hadn't talked to in quite a while!


As it was an Italian restaurant, I thought I'd try something different, and so I chose the Gnocchi Primavera, which tasted quite nice! It had some potato, salmon and some peas! I wish there was a lot more though, but then again these sorts of restaurants focus on quality rather than quantity right?


For dessert most of us decided to forgo the ice-cream and instead just have a drink. I tried a mochaccino which didn't have a heart in it :( but that's OK, it tasted good!

(Thanks Jane for this photo!)

I had to leave soon as my driving curfew (since I'm on a restricted license) was at 10pm. I can say I got home just after 10pm but didn't come across any police so that's a relief!


No comments:

Post a Comment