Monday 20 December 2010

Catching Up Like the Old Times

Today I caught up with one of my best friends Chen and his cousin Diane, who's also one of my best friends too! While I've seen Chen many times around campus this year, it's one of the few times I've caught up with Diane this year since she studies vet down in Palmerston North.

We first had lunch at Nando's. The chicken was quite nice! We ended up getting some fries along with it and Chen got some sort of orange powder stuff to sprinkle on them and they actually tasted quite nice! I can't remember what it's called so I'll have to ask Chen sometime!



After lunch, we went down the road to the bowling alley, where Aonghas (who just had a job interview at uni) and Hamish joined us. Now Diane is quite competitive and always likes to beat me, so I made a bet with her, that if I got a higher score than her she would have to change her Facebook status to whatever I wanted for three days, and vice versa if she won.

Before we started, we had to wait for one of the technicians to unclog the system as there were heaps of bowling balls stuck under the floor! I'm pretty sure he took out more then ten balls from under the floor!


I was doing pretty well in the first game, having knocked the most pins down for most of the game, before a few of the others crept up and overtook me towards the end of the game! I managed to beat Diane though which made it 1-0 to me!


In the second game I was doing poorly! That's how I usually am like. I either start off well and end up playing or poorly, or the other way around - play poorly and slowly improve! Diane was beating me for most of the game before I got a spare in the final couple bowls and overtook her!

This is the outcome:


It was a good catch-up and hopefully I see Diane again sometime!


No comments:

Post a Comment