Sunday 26 December 2010

Boxing Day Feast

Every year our family and our relatives get together for a big meal at Christmas time. While usually it's on Christmas Day, this year it was planned to happen on Boxing Day. We would be getting together for both breakfast and dinner.

My brothers and I missed out on the breakfast though, as our parents only woke us up at 8.30am and told us that breakfast was at 8am! Also, Aonghas and I had to lead children's worship at church, so instead, my brothers and I attended church and had to miss out on the breakfast. I heard there was heaps of food too!

Children's worship wasn't too bad; I hope the kids had fun! The service was a special combined baptism service so I just went into the minister's office with his son Jireh and Andrew and just sat around talking (I know, bad Calum for wagging the service!). We came out just to see the certificates being presented to those who were baptised, and then were asked to help put pies in bags.

We then had to hand out the pies to people for lunch! I learnt how to say the two flavours in Chinese, and tried to say it to a kid who came by wanting a pie, but he asked me what it was instead in English! 

Gabrielle, who has trained me in children's worship and is also my youth group leader also gave me a thank-you present with a really nice note! 

I was surprised at how empty the church was so early, but then realised it's Boxing Day...everyone's probably cleared off to go shopping!

We did a bit of that after as well, but there really isn't much that I want right now, so I didn't find any of the sales too appealing.

In the evening we had dinner with the relatives over at their house which I always enjoy as there is always plenty of food, and it's great to catch up with the family. Aonghas came a little late as he had to work. There was still plenty of food left over for him after though!

That ends the Christmas festivities for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment