Saturday 4 June 2011

The Urge to Spend

Despite having to hand over my whole week's worth of pay to the pharmacy internship programme to pay off my fees and then paying a whole lot of money to several people to sponsor them for the 40 Hour Famine, I still have this urge to go out and spend, spend, spend!

The two big ticket items I really want to buy are a laptop and a cellphone. I really don't want to spend too much on a laptop, but I want one that's quite light and compact, but powerful enough to handle video-editing which means it will need a bit of a grunt!

I've never really been an Apple person, but after buying my iPod last year I've slowly been warming to Apple products. I was considering getting an iPad but Aonghas has already got one so I'm not in any hurry to get one anymore! I've been considering a Macbook Pro lately though, but they're quite pricey and the specs aren't as good as some Windows laptops at the same price!

I've also been considering getting a new cell phone. I know it hasn't been that long since I got my last one, but because I can't access proper mobile internet on my phone, it feels like a handicap! So far I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S2 but I'm still waiting to see if any other superior phones show up, like the possible...next iPhone!

Lastly, and this one I'm not so sure I really need, is a new digital camera! I already bought a small video camera last year but it's not so portable, and I've always got my cell phone camera and the terrible iPod camera but they don't take such great photos! I've been thinking about getting one of those really slim digital cameras.

If only, IF ONLY I could get my dream phone which could combine all these features into one! That way I wouldn't have to walk around with bulgy pockets! 

1 comment:

  1. If you want a light and compact laptop with good grunt and graphics get an Alienware MX15. Its good value and wont cost you that much. Plus it has a good Nvidia GPU for GPU video decoding and a core i5/i7.

    ReplyDelete