Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Farewell with Curry

Tonight a few of my high school friends and I got together at this Indian restaurant to have dinner and farewell Shen, as he is the latest one to be moving overseas to Singapore. He's scored a job with PriceWaterhouseCoopers over there! Go Shen!

On the way there I got stopped at a police checkpoint to have a breath-test. I spoke into the machine which said 

'No Alcohol'

I thought that was it till the policeman asked to see my license! Maybe he didn't trust me!

I got there slightly late because I had work, but everyone was already there when I got there, so I had to order quickly. I thought I'd give the goat curry a go, as well as some plain naan bread!


The food took a while to come out, so while we were waiting we caught up with each other and especially Shen. 


He brought this little booklet our class put together back in year 10, called 'Reflections of 10MT' (10MT was our form class back then). There were drawings of each of us in our future careers. My future career was as a court judge!


The food finally came out. I don't think I've tried any Indian food like it before! The rice were in bowls put in the middle of the table while we were each given a small bowl with the sauce. 


Fortunately my curry sauce was mild so it wasn't too hot. I tried dipping my naan bread into it and it tasted good!


I was sorta the last to finish since I decided to eat all the rice and finish my sauce. Once we all finished, Shen took photos with each of us before we decided to head out.


Now it was time to decide where to have dessert! It was almost 10pm and so we didn't know what places would be open, so we just decided to go over to McDonald's for dessert!


Shen and some of the girls ordered some cake while I ordered a thickshake. I ended up getting into a deep discussion with Evan about pharmaceutical funding in New Zealand which surprised me as I never knew I could talk so much about pharmacy despite it being my current occupation!


There was a bit group of people sitting at a nearby table making heaps of noise as they were watching the State of Origin on the large screen. I never knew they played live sport on TV at McDonald's! I should go there a bit more often to watch sports you can only see on Sky TV!

It was getting late and I couldn't drive home on my restricted license, so I called my dad to come pick me up. It was a good way to farewell Shen, and hopefully I'll be able to say goodbye to him one last time this Saturday when he departs New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment