Sunday 12 June 2011

Better Start Saving


With quite a few of my high school friends leaving overseas for jobs or just for holiday, it's made me think about possibly going overseas next year before I find a proper job.

With nothing else to do besides researching laptops, I tried looking at return airfares to Hong Kong (my number one destination!) and I couldn't believe how expensive it is! Airfares for flights between January to May range from $1900-$2200. Assuming I will be working for another 26 more weeks this year, that means I will have to save about $100 a week just to be able to afford the plane tickets, and there is still no guarantee the prices will stay the same by then next year!

What is even worse is that return airfares to New York would cost around $3100! Boy it really is expensive to fly overseas!

No comments:

Post a Comment