Thursday 23 June 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tonight to celebrate my dad's birthday, our family went out to dinner in the city. We went to Dynasty Restaurant which is just up the road from the AUT Tower, mainly because we bought these vouchers off a one-day website where we could spend twice as much we spent on the voucher. In other words, we bought two $15 vouchers ($30 in total), which meant we could spend $60 on food at the restaurant.

Work was quite slow today so I was really looking forward to dinner after work. We had booked a table for 7pm, so I just waited at Metro to use free wi-fi while waiting for the family to arrive.

Just before dinner time I met up with them outside the restaurant and we all went in together. It was almost empty so I guess we didn't have to book in the end!

My mum had come prepared with a list of dishes she wanted to order, so we just trusted her judgement and let her order (she always makes the good decisions anyway!). She ordered dishes such as Mongolian meat, a tofu dish, chicken pieces with lemon sauce (the dish Hamish seemed to be obsessed with) and some stuff that looked like chop suey.

We just talked for a while as we waited for the food to come out. Hamish has a job interview this Saturday and Aonghas had an exam this morning, in which there was a question that was wrong...

Anyway the food came out quite soon! I'm pretty sure the bowls we had to use for the rice were small, as I found myself refilling my bowl several times!

I seemed to make the most mess though...



The food soon ran out which meant it was time to go and it was barely 8pm! My mum doesn't usually start cooking dinner by 8pm! We got Aonghas to pay the difference and then we decided that it was time for dessert!!


The only reasonably affordable place we could think of was McDonald's, so we all walked down to the one on Queen Street, and I shouted everyone an Oreo shake.


I chose the Strawberry shake as I had tried the Oreo shake when I was with Shen and friends. I think I prefer the Oreo shake though.


We then managed to get home in time for 20/20. I think that was a good night out for dinner! Next time we should try something different, like Italian or Mexican!

No comments:

Post a Comment