Friday 3 March 2006

There Comes A Price

Today we had our first debate meeting after school. This year we have Patrick, Heather, Christine, Hyun and Joon and me. The twins are only going to be researchers and helpers this year as they can't debate on a Wednesday. Our moot for this year is:
 
 
"That we should impose sanctions on Iran"
 
We're the negative team. We spent two hours after school discussing the moot before finally settling on our argument and our attack. Now we've got a weekend to write our 8 minute speech before we have a practice on Tuesday and debate on Wednesday!
 
We had our first vocal group rehearsal today. Nikki and Toni joined which was really good! Nikki's been trying to recruit some people to join, as hopefully if we can persuade some of the 'influential' students to join in, hopefully they can bring in a few more and we can take a big group of students to the Big Sing and surprise the rest of Auckland!
 
Today after form period I came out of my form class and these juniors who just came out of their class called out to me saying HI CALUM!!! while laughing and then some girl said
 
"I think you're handsome!"
 
and then they all started laughing with a guy telling them to stop teasing me. So I'm guessing they're probably teasing me about my looks but I probably don't blame them! I haven't shaved for nearly a week now and so I look like a hori. I've lost my shaver and I'm starting to grow long sideburns, a mustache and a beard! Of course it could be something completely different...
 
It's always good to see those good people around though (I mean there's good in everyone!) These juniors sometimes open the door for me to let me go through first which was really cool and when I dropped my paper while holding my drink bottle, trying to eat and climb the stairwell at the same time on my way to my next class, this junior student stopped to help pick up my paper for me which was really cool!

1 comment:

  1. yay for calum! if i dropped something ST would just laugh some friends :)

    ReplyDelete