Monday 13 March 2006

Sorting Through Things

This man that looked like Suddam Hussein came over during the weekend to collect our census forms, but we were short of those individual census forms so we asked for some more and asked him to come back later in the week.
 
So I had to fill in my census form that night. I have to admit I like filling out forms! They're really fun! I'm not too keen on filling out forms that have something to do with money though, like tax return forms! Now I tried to fill out my census form as honestly as possible. I said I am a NZ European/Chinese, I am a Christian (although what sort of Christian I've still gotta determine!) and I speak English...and Cantonese... OK so I can't really speak Cantonese apart from understanding bits of it but hey I thought it'd make me look a bit more unique! Apart from that though everything else was true!
 
Our road also had an inorganic rubbish collection today so during the weekend we were trying to find as much rubbish to get rid of as possible! Our dad's a rubbish junkie. He likes collecting rubbish, so we had to be careful that we did it while he was out!
 
Today we had our last prefects presentation at the year 12 assembly. That was...interesting...! I started off with my intro speech. I originally thought the microphone wasn't working so I decided not to use it, but just as I finished, I decided I'd tap it just to see if it actually was working or not, and turns out it was! After Patrick spoke, he gave the microphone to Heather, who was supposed to speak after Ellyce and Nikki! I tried telling her but she couldn't hear me and when she saw the environmental committee slides appearing on the screen she started giggling. She couldn't stop herself so she walked off stage and then back on again, but still couldn't stop so she handed her speech to Joanne who saved the day! After that we went steadily along. Before assembly Sarena had asked me if she could speak about a World Vision fundraiser and so I asked Mr Coughlan the deputy principal if she could speak but when I talked to her again during assembly she had changed her mind! Just then though Mr Coughlan called up Sarena and Mr Mataia (the PE teacher) to speak, and so Sarena had no choice but to speak at assembly. She was just telling me after our last presentation on Friday how that would be her last time to speak at assembly ever after the microphone failed on her. Looks like it wasn't to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment