Sunday 12 March 2006

Changing Times

I didn't have Sunday School at church today because neither of our two teachers could make it today, so I just spent the hour talking to this girl and helping her get other people to sponsor her for 40 Hour Famine. Amazingly she knows a few people I know! Ain't it great the way we're all linked in one way or another! She told me she got about $200 three years ago when she last did it! Another of my friends Phoebe said she raised over $100 after only two days of collecting money! Whoowhee I only made what was it $1 last year? This is where girls have an advantage! The girl I was with this morning just went up to some guy and told him he was handsome and he sponsored her $5! Just imagine if I did that to a guy I'd probably get the thump.

I was talking to another friend during this weekend who was telling me about how she's got all these plans for the future, how she plans on moving out of her parents' house in two years time to go flatting with her friend and her boyfriend. I can't believe these people who just a few years ago I was talking to about silly little things about some nice guy giving her a glance in her class is now talking about all these grown-up things! As for me I haven't even planned my future beyond the end of this year! I still have no idea what I'll study at university if I make it next year, how I'll afford it, when I want to get married, have children, blablabla! I'm kinda taking things as they come which isn't such a good thing to do! Opportunities which you could have made the most of and could benefit you in the future can come and pass which is really worrying me! Plus I'm still contemplating the thought of losing all my friends when we go off to university, with some maybe leaving the country, going to other unis or just not hanging out with me anymore! I'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment