Monday 27 February 2006

A Thought

On Saturday morning I went to the music school to enrol for my violin classes this year and to discuss my recorder teaching job. It seems as though I'll only have about 7 students this year, which is fewer than last year. Only a few of last year's students will be back despite most of them telling me they would be back! I better ring them and find out.
 
Afterwards my mum and I were going to the Korean church where the twins go because we saw that there was a fair/gala going on. We discovered that our neighbour's jeep was ahead of us and we all ended up at the same place! So we all checked out the Korean church fair. My mum bought me some noodles while the Zippo's mum bought the little kids she was looking after some satay meat (I think that's what it is). I went over to sit next to them and talk to them while our parents were shopping around. It reminded me why I enjoy hanging out with little kids (not in a sick way!). Once the parents came back I made way for them and sat at another table with this Maori man sitting opposite me. We started talking, and he soon told me he was an intermediate school teacher. He told me how much he enjoyed teaching and that he at least gets school holidays off anyway! Next week will be his 15th wedding anniversary!
 
Later that day I mowed my other neighbour's lawn. She's into spiritual stuff and when she was discussing star signs with my brothers and me, after I told her I was aquarius she told me people like me like to help others and possible career options involve helping other people such as being a social worker or a doctor or something like that but she thought I might be too generous to be a lawyer! That gives me something to think about...
 
I also went to the Skycity Starlight Symphony which was really good. This year there was quite a lot of opera than last year, which isn't a bad thing! John Campbell and Carol Hirshfeld MC'd the event, while Simon Dallow and Alison Mau were trying to encourage people to donate to charity a little earlier! The main thing though was that it didn't rain too heavily!

No comments:

Post a Comment