Tuesday 7 February 2006

First Day Back

Today I went into school for a half day to get my timetable, pay bills (which I didn't do) and get my ID photo taken. I went in a little early with Heather to get a few things sorted out. Heather and I decided to come in at 10.30am, but of course I have a problem with arriving on time so I told my family I had to get to school by 10am. All my family ended up pushing me to hurry up this morning! I finally managed to get to school...at 10.20! It worked! I was on time!

We managed to sort a few things out regarding Junior Council and a few other things. School actually started at 12.45pm. I was a bit unsure about all of us being in different form classes. I originally thought we'd be sorted in alphabetical order according to our surnames, but it turns out we were sorted according to the subjects we took. This mean all the students with their subjects focusing on commerce were lumped into one form class (apparently nearly all Asians!), science in one class, English in one class, arts in one, and students not taking all academic subjects i.e. gateway in another class. I was put in Dr Singh's (biology teacher) class, the science based class. I didn't mind as I first thought I wouldn't have to attend form class on most days anyway. However later when I asked the dean, I was told I have to attend form class at least twice a week! This only gives me two form periods to do whatever I want to do, as there is no form period on Wednesdays!

I have to go back into school tomorrow morning for a one hour training session for peer support the following day. School starts properly for me on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment