Wednesday 1 February 2006

Back at School

Today I went back in to school to confirm the subjects I will be
studying this year. It was really cool seeing everyone back at school
again after so long, especially the yr 12s who were in their new
senior uniforms which made them look all grown up! I even managed to
talk quite a bit to Phoebe which was cool because I haven't really
talked to her much in person lately! I also caught up with all my
other good old pals as well as managing to talk to a few people I
don't often say much. That's something I've been meaning to do for a
while - get to know and talk more to a few more people I don't know
too well! Actually that should be one of my New Years resolutions!

Heather introduced me to this new girl to our school who attended
correspondence school since primary and I talked to her a bit while
waiting for my parents to pick me up afterwards. Now thinking about
it. I probably should have introduced myself properly to her and found
out her name!

This year I've decided to study stats, biology, chemistry, Chinese and
maybe redo calculus and physics during my free period. My only problem
is I don't know whether to take history or English! Originally there
was a clash between chemistry and history, and so I had been planning
to take English and even went as far as to begin reading Pride and
Prejudice during the holidays! (I haven't gotten that far so far
though...) I also asked a few of my friends who had taken both what
they recommended, and they all suggested that I take English rather
than history because it had more 'prestige' and was slightly easier!
However if I decide to take English, it will clash with stats and
Chinese, but if I just take history I won't have any problem, so I
don't really know whether to try see if I can somehow study English or
just go along with history!

I've got my free period at the same time as headgirl Heather, so
that'll be good if we need to work on something together. Sarena
originally had her free period in the same option line as us but then
decided to take physics!

I was standing in line waiting to see the dean about my options when I
got a txt from Aonghas telling me if I didn't hurry up I would miss
out on yum cha! So I just decided to come back tomorrow and left. One
piece of advice though: don't have yum cha in hot weather, especially
when you're eating hot food and drinking hot tea! Despite the fans
being on above us, it was boiling hot at the restaurant! It was
surprising though (and really good!) to see that the restaurant has
lifted it's hygiene rating from D to B!

No comments:

Post a Comment