Thursday 2 February 2006

Decisions

I went back to school today for the Student Leaders meeting as well as to sort out my options for school this year (I couldn't decide yesterday!) The main problem faced by the student leaders was what the formal uniform would be! The guys weren't too fussed (bar some) but the main problem seemed to be with the girls, who couldn't decide what they liked! Anyway in the end the guys have chosen to wear a white shirt and a red tie with navy blue trousers, while the girls...I think the head students have chosen the long-sleaved blouse with the skirt. The student leaders have overcome their first hurdle!
 
Originally I was supposed to go down to the uniform shop with the guys after the meeting but I had to go sort out my options. When I saw how long the line was I decided I'd go to the shop first but the guys had gone already so I was going to walk. I walked a little while but I started melting! So I decided to just walk back to school and wait in line for the dean under shelter in the hall! I ended up waiting in line for longer than half an hour at least! When I finally got to the dean we talked about options and so on and finally came to decide that I'd take Stats, biology, chemistry, history, Chinese and physics during my free period.
 
I had been talking with the English teachers about English and media studies today, and when they asked me what I had been thinking of doing at varsity I said I had been thinking about journalism until my parents dissuaded me from pursuing it. Miss Wood the media studies teacher commented:
 
"Calum I was a journalist but then I became a teacher. That must say something!"

No comments:

Post a Comment