Wednesday 6 February 2008

A Momentous Day

Happy Waitangi Day!!

But more importantly...


Happy Birthday Grainam!!
Happy Birthday Kyle!!
Happy Birthday Brad!!

And not to be outdone..
It's also Ronald Regan, Axl Rose, Bob Marley and Queen Anne's birthday!!

And even more...
In 1952
Elizabeth II acceded to the British throne upon the death of her father, King George VI. The coronation took place June 2, 1953.
In 1959 The United States successfully test-fired for the first time a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile from Cape Canaveral.
In 1998 President Bill Clinton signed a bill changing the name of Washington National Airport to Ronald Regan Washington National Airport
In 2004
an explosion ripped through a Moscow subway killing 41 people and injuring 129 others in an attack blamed on Chechen separatists.


Now I know I'm supposed to get excited about Waitangi Day, but with no mud-throwing or anything mildly exciting going on, I'd have to say I'm a bit more excited about SUPER TUESDAY!!! Thank goodness for Triangle TV providing us live coverage of the events via Al Jazeera! I've got my fingers crossed for Hillary! Oh and thanks to Maori TV for actually covering Waitangi Day too. I tuned in to watch a bit of that earlier today. For some odd reason TVNZ forgot to broadcast their advertised special news bulletins at 10 and 11am...



No comments:

Post a Comment