Monday 18 February 2008

Finally An Accomplishment!

I had to wake up especially early on Sunday morning to make it to make it to this park where I was to have my test. I was really nervous because I didn't think I was ready at all and thought I would definitely fail! After many practices I still couldn't get many things right, and so I thought oh well...if I fail I guess it won't be too bad.

I got there with my dad and we were one of a few there. I was told I'd be number four, so I just sat there waiting anxiously, listening to National Radio in the car while my dad talked to some guy from Burma. When the testing officer came over it was finally my turn! She checked the car, got in and then we were off!

Things were going all right as the roads were clear this early in the morning. I could change lanes easily and she hadn't asked me to do any three-point turns or reverse into any driveways which was good, because I am terrible at it! I was driving down this straight road when there was this sudden BANG on the side of the car! I didn't see anything on the roads but I started worrying that the lady would think that I wasn't watching where I was driving and so I started to lose confidence and over-turn the corners! There was just the motorway to go before I had to return to the park to finish the test.

I got back safely in one piece and managed to avoid the testing officer stopping the test before it had even finished. She told me I did some nice driving but I turned too widely around corners. Despite that I still passed, so if there's one thing I've accomplished these holidays, it's that I'm now a restricted driver!

A bonus is we also caught up with this old Chinese teacher of ours who happened to be jogging around in that park at the time.

Later that morning we went to church and had Sunday School which was cool as it was the first time we were all together again. Jennifer was back from Hong Kong after having spent the holidays there. She went to several Disneylands!! We spent the entire class time sharing holiday stories, but I'm sure we'll have to start learning next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment