Saturday 23 February 2008

Free Internet!

There'll be free internet at University of Auckland this year! There is a catch - it will be at slower speeds for external websites while you can still access university websites at high speed. However you can pay $20 a year for 'Premium Access' and get 200MB/month of high speed internet. I think I might pay for that, seeing as it doesn't cost too much. Of course the down-side to this is that people will probably spend more time on the computers checking their Bebo or Facebook profiles, that is unless the slow speeds frustrate them enough to leave! I had a hard enough time finding any computer to use between 11am-5pm at university last year! I might end up just not using the computers as much or drag my super-heavy laptop around with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment