Friday 8 February 2008

Another New Year

恭喜发财!!
Happy Chinese New Year of the Rat!!

Hope you all (or at least you Chinese people) got given plenty of money! I woke up to find a red envelope waiting for me on the kitchen table (thanks mummy!). I had to wake up especially early this morning for a driving lewsson with the driving instructor. I had this bad dream the night before that it went terribly wrong with the driving instructor shouting and screaming at me and us getting into some sort of verbal wrestling match. Fortunately that didn't ensue!

This was to be my second lesson. I had my first lesson the week before where the instructor just wanted to see how well I could drive. She tricked me into parking at a bus stop though! When she told me to pull over and park and I did so, she asked me if I could park there, and I initially thought it was fine till I looked up and saw the sign!

Anyway it felt as though the instructor was getting tougher on me in my second lesson as she kept picking on me for not checking my mirrors whenever I was about to turn and kept telling me not to turn corners too fast or put on the brake when merging or...I don't know!! There's so many things to concentrate on! I really need to start practising more before my next lesson next week so I can try impress her!

There was supposed to be a partial eclipse yesterday sometime between 5-6pm. I waited all day for it to happen. The only problem was that when the time came, the sun was still too bright for me to stare at it, and so while I couldn't notice much going on up there, at least I did notice the sunlight getting slightly dimmer! That was pretty cool, despite my friends not being able to notice it!

As for Waitangi Day, what did I do to celebrate it? Absolutely nothing. Oh I did tune in to Maori TV for a little while when Triangle TV took Al Jazeera off for a while, but besides that I was stuck at home all day and made most of the time sitting in front of the television watching Al Jazeera, following Super Tuesday!! Someone did point out to me that it was actually Wednesday but I like the sound of Super Tuesday better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment