Tuesday 20 November 2007

Warmth

The Sunday morning church service went by and finished at the regular time for the first time in a while, which meant we would have to have Sunday school for the full hour! It was just lucky that we brought a cake that wasn't eaten the night before at Hamish's birthday party to Sunday school to share with the rest of the class.

Sherman our Sunday school teacher saw me with the cake and went off to get some cups, tea and knives n spoons. When the others arrived they saw the cake and once class had started we all sang Happy Birthday to Hamish before he cut the cake and distributed it to everyone. We then spent the next half hour eating and talking about 21st birtrhdays! Phew!!

I was starting to feel a little guilty that we weren't learning to be honest! That's why I was slightly relieved when we started getting into regular activity after half an hour. It was a shame Jennifer and Angie couldn't make it to Sunday school! Jennifer was too busy studying as she has ten exams over the next couple of weeks(!!!!!!!!) while Angie..well she texted me the night before to tell me she wouldn't be coming which was a bit unusual...

After church Hamish, my dad and I went into the city to watch the Auckland Symphony Orchestra perform in the Auckland Town Hall. The theme of the concert was 'Going Places', in other words music from around the world. Jason Bae, some young Korean guy from Westlake performed a piece on the piano with the orchestra, and the orchestra also performed pieces such as Barber of Seville, Pirates of the Carribean, Miss Saigon, New York New York, and An American in Paris. I got mixed up with An American in Paris with another of Gershwin's pieces Rhapsody in Blue and so was getting excited. When I found out it was a different tune I was a little disappointed but An American in Paris was just as good!


No comments:

Post a Comment