Tuesday 20 November 2007

Just Call me the Pie Guy!

Yesterday while my mum was in the middle of cutting my hair (yes I took ALL of your opinions on my hair - most of them negative!), I got a phone call from the lady who is taking over Jester's Pies who wanted to give me an update on the situation and said she should have control of the business by the end of next week and she still definitely wants me, so she was relieved when I told her I hadn't found any other jobs yet! She said she was going to ring me sometime in the next week to sort out the roster and other paper work. So these holidays you might just see me behind the counter at Jester's (in West City)!

Hamish, my mum and I went to West City today after dropping Aonghas off at his first NCEA [chemistry] exam to help Hamish apply for jobs at various places. Guess who I saw at Wendy's - Angie! She told me a while ago she had got a job at Wendy's but I didn't realise she would be starting soon - she beat me! She's a TRAINEE right now though. Hopefully she'll give me some discounts on ice-cream while (if I get any at all!) I can give her discounts on pies and Aonghas can give us discounts on clothes!

Hamish ended up applying at Dunkin' Donuts, and they said they'll contact him soon. Fingers crossed he might get the job so he can give us all discounts on doughnuts!

Later that night us three Anderson brothers had to go to church for a music rehearsal as we have to play some Christmas music for the Christmas service. The lady in charge has made us constantly switch music instruments throughout songs so it feels like we're playing musical chairs! I guess it's fun in a sorta way though. This time we didn't need our mum taking us. Aonghas with his full license was able to drive all of us there and back!

Aonghas got his full license on Sunday morning but not before having a nasty encounter with the driving test guy named Veejay Kumar who criticised him for starting off too slowly, driving too slowly in open road and blablabla yadayadayada despite Aonghas's driving instructor telling him he had been doing the right things. Fortunately Aonghas just got his full license, so now he'll be able to drive me around the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment