Sunday 11 November 2007

Beginning of Holiday Boredom

The end of the year has been creeping up on me and I never noticed how close it is till yesterday morning when during my recorder classes I tried working out how many weeks it was till the final end of year concert. It turns out to be only about four weeks! Now I've got to really push my students to ensure they're ready for the concert so I don't lose my job! I ended up being picky with my advanced class, but in a nice way! We went through the second page of this Scarlatti trio and just repeated certain several bars over and over until it was correct.

We then had accordion lessons which were the first for us in probably six weeks because of exams and everything else. I used Hamish only finishing exams yesterday as an excuse for why we hadn't practiced much ;)

When I got home, I was just DEAD bored, just like in the previous few days! I've had absolutely nothing to do! It's Hamish's 21st birthday in a week and I'm meant to scan photos of him and create some video or montage or something, but whaddaya know our scanner isn't compatible with Windows Vista! Hopefully we can get a new scanner pretty soon.

The other day the new owner from Jester's Pies rang me to let me know I made a good first impression on her and despite the current owner not having any position for me, she was still willing to offer me a job in a couple weeks time when she took over, so I might have a job after all! I'll probably keep searching though just in case.

Tonight we watched this movie Out of the Blue, which is based on a true story - the Aramoana Massacre which happened on 13 November 1990. The killings started only half an hour into the movie and I thought it was not going to be a very long movie if people would continue dying at the rate he was shooting when only thirteen people got killed, but the movie managed to last for about two and a half hours (with ads included)! Despite there not being much dialogue it was a pretty gripping movie, especially when you know it really happened and it happened in your own backyard.

Only in New Zealand: the way the murderer David Gray went into someone's house, ate a can of some sort of fish and then slept in their bed for the night before resuming his killing spree the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment