Monday 12 November 2007

Back in Town

Yesterday morning we had church but there were several key differences this time. First of all, because Aonghas had to start work at 9.30am, we had to drop him off early before going off to church. Also because of the Netball World Championships, some of the Bible College's car parks that we usually use park in were being offered for $5 each! That saw us arrive at church twenty minutes earlier than usual. We got some funny looks from the pastor and associate pastor and, actually, everyone else! They were quite surprised to see us arrive at church so early!

The other difference was the presence of Angie! She actually came to church this time! I didn't get to catch up with her till after Sunday School as after the service my mum, Hamish and I were discussing with this lady what musical instruments we could play for the Christmas concert. Hamish and I arrived late to Sunday School class and were a little surprised to find the class full for a change!

Sunday School came and went, and for my prayer request I asked them to pray that I would do something productive this week and maybe learn how to cook. That's when Jennifer and her mum probably thought I wasn't being serious as Jennifer joked about me making sure I didn't burn the house down and Jennifer's mum suggested I cook something for Sunday School class next week. That actually gave me an idea....maybe I should cook something for Sunday School class next week and try and impress them!

After Sunday School I was going to go hang out with Angie a bit more but then I had to go meet up with that lady about the Christmas concert for a bit longer so I ended up having to ditch Angie. Hopefully she comes back to church next week though, or maybe we might have to try hang out sometime during the holidays! For some reason we've been texting each other a little bit more lately once again which is kinda cool. The last time we texted this regularly was probably at the beginning of the year before school started.

Another person I'll have to catch up with over the holidays is Diane who just came back up to Auckland on Saturday. It feels so weird how she is so close now compared to when she was down in Palmerston North! Hmmm..maybe I'm just weird!

Patrick, Jacqueline and I were also originally planning on catching up with Rebecca, the AUT lady who worked with our prefects group last year, for a bit of a chat and a catch-up. I was thinking it may not happen anymore till Jacqueline texted me the other night to get me to ask all the other ex-prefects if they'd like a little get-together, so if any of you ex-prefects do read this, let me or Jacqueline know if you'd be interested! No date has been set yet though. The school is considering (or may possibly already have) ditching AUT's involvement in the prefects group next year as apparently when the 2006 prefects group took part in the AUT Prefects programme, there were only five schools. This year, there have been twenty schools and they kinda feel neglected. That's a bit of a shame then, as we found AUT really helpful, friendly and cool! (A bit of shameful promotion of AUT despite it not being a real uni!!!! Nah jk I got nothing against AUT!)


No comments:

Post a Comment