Thursday 30 August 2007

A Taste of my own Medicine!

I was supposed to go to this social get-together with the MEDSCI study group that I had joined only a couple weeks ago but since my mum was home today I wasn't allowed out today which was a little sad since I really wanted to get to know some new people and make a few more friends!
 
Later that night I went back to my old school Rutherford College to perform in their final Studio Show for the year. I was waiting in the music room (which is kinda like backstage for the hall ever since they knocked down the theatre and started having Studio Shows in the hall!) and just hanging out with Aonghas, Janet and Ji Eun, these Korean girls. Janet was runner up in Rutherford Idol a couple years ago and won the music section of the Talent Quest last year (so you should get an idea of how great a singer she is!) while Ji Eun is like the resident pianist at Rutherford (despite there being some new Korean international student who is apparently really good!!). 
 
Aonghas and I decided to wear our matching Cotton On dress shirts (the one I wore to the Scholars' Assembly earlier this year which Angie called weird!) along with these Chinese hats with pompoms on the top of them to go with the Chinese song we were playing. It has some Chinese name so I'm not too sure if we translated it correctly - Beijing News to the Frontier Village...yeah doesn't really make any sense! Our performance wasn't too bad and we got through it all right (or most of it!).
 
Anyway the interesting (or should I say weird?) part tonight was when I got asked by Janet if I used to like #(&$(&*&# (I won't name names!). I tried asking her where she heard this from and she said she talks to year 13s at her school, which is the same year level that  #(&$(&*&# is in, so it was either her or someone else! Last year people around school kept making things up about me liking #(&$(&*&#  as well but I've been trying to put a stop to it and to find out someone is still telling people...if it's you and you're reading this, I will find out!!!! I probably won't do anything to you though...
 
To add to this, Janet and Ji Eun started speaking to each other in Korean, pointing to me. When I thought I heard something I asked what was the gossip, you know, just to join in(!) when they told me it was about me...and some girl...who's Asian, plays the flute, guitar and piano...:S
 
Now I know what it feels like! But I'm not a gossiper I swear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment