Monday 20 August 2007

70's Birthday Party!

On Friday night it was my cousin's girlfriend's 30th birthday party with a 70's theme, so we all had to dress up. So as you know, I just grabbed whatever I could find: a sick orange shirt, striped pants, one of those old hats with a flap and my sleeping gown. My mum wouldn't let me wear my sleeping gown though because she thought I was too embarrassing! I told her it was the only night we could wear whatever we wanted and not have to worry how we looked!

The party was held in Mt Wellington, but of course someone lost the address and so when we got to the road, we ended up driving up and down the same road two and a half times until we finally spotted the purple balloon at the gate!

Most of the people at the party were older people who had dressed up in 70's clothes. There was even one girl on roller skates! Only one of my female cousins from the other Anderson family - Korina - showed up, as Janice was somewhere else.

The dance music was all the sort of music you'd hear on Classic Hits (then again to be expected!) and so Aonghas and I (and trying to get Hamish to join in) hit the dance floor and tried to do a bit of dancing. We ended up coming up with some of our own moves like the shovel, the shopping trolley and the wheelchair ;)

By the end of the night a few of the older people including the birthday girl were drunk and everyone was tired, but it was a good night in the end. I think I'm starting to enjoy trying to dance! Haha...notice the word TRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment